Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lounging at Little Paw Paw Lake

So a few days ago Andy and I, the kids and over half our personal belongings headed north to seclude ourselves in a remote cottage on Little Paw Paw Lake. Once again, more toys and food, as well as house cleaning and medical supplies, got packed in the car than really needed.

We are about 20 minutes south of South Haven – a cute little beach town we are familiar with on lake Michigan – and booked this house on the fact it was 1) on a lake with a dock, 2) had granite counter tops in the kitchen and 3) was available. We are still getting to know the very non-touristy town of Coloma, where the cottage is located, but love the fact we are a quick drive to some of our favorite western Michigan hot spots. It’s just Andy, myself and the kids, which means plenty of downtime and we are operating on only our schedule. I have had a few moments to write (along with read, watch TV, play baseball with Alex, play cards with Avery and just stare at blue waters), but little time to actually post anything. I’ll get some things up when I can, but photos and spell check will come once we are back in Cincinnati. I don’t travel with my USB cord for downloading pictures and I know for sure I will need to do some proofreading when I no longer have my first “vacation” drink at noon.

No comments: