First-Day-of-School Coma
Just like after a big meal, I am feeling a bit tired, un-motivated, helpless and yet satisfied. With such a mental build-up and a lengthy Kindergarten preparation to-do list (which included ordering a new back pack, buying supplies, signing forms, calling the department of transportation, organizing Alex’s schedule with Prodigy, going to open house, coloring the first picture to be hung in the hallway outside room 22, calling the department of transportation again, getting a good night’s sleep, getting dressed and not getting toothpaste on your new shirt, searching the house high and low for a safety pin, taking a few photos, walking to the bus stop, taking a few more photos, meeting a new friend and finally jumping on the bus – without hesitation or concern; only with excitement), the walk back home for me was a bit anticlimactic. No tears from Alex. No tears from me. All that is left to do is sit and wait. Maybe call Prodigy at noon to confirm Alex’s arrival. Definitely post the best 4-5 pictures of this milestone on facebook (like everyone else did this week).
I have my coffee. I have little stress. I have Alex’s baby book sitting next to me for a quick peek down memory lane if needed. But I really can’t wait to have him home tonight to hear all about his first day of school.Click here for more photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment