Thought I would give the kids some background and get them excited about the newest Muppet movie by having them watch A Very Merry Muppet Christmas, but I think it might have done the reverse. I should have veered from the plan once I saw David Arquette’s name in the opening credits, but I had already committed to the $3.99 pay per view fee, so I felt compelled to stick it out and stay optimistic. I did enjoy the cameo by the Srubs cast and the spoof on The Christmas Story (who does not want to see a Muppet get their fake furry tongue stuck to a flag pole?), but the few good moments went over their heads and nothing else kept their attention – guess there was not enough rainbows, Kermit and Piggy sexual tension, John Denver, Beaker or ensemble singing and dancing.
If anything, I have set the bar so low that when I convince Alex and Avery to join me to see all my favorite Muppets on the big screen again, they can hopefully only be pleasantly surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment