Please repeat after me: It is only November 29. It is only November 29. It is only November 29. I am not behind if my lights are not up. I am not behind if my tree is not up. I am not behind if I have not bought one single present for Christmas. I am not behind if I have not ordered my holiday photo card.I am not behind if I have not put away my China from Thanksgiving day. I am not behind if I still have hundreds of red and gold confetti leaves scattered throughout my house. I am not behind if I still have a pumpkin display on my front porch.
With that, feel free to take a deep breath and one more sip of wine, and then look your neighbors, co-workers, facebook friends and radio DJs square in the eye and say, “Piss off. I am not humbug. I am not tardy. I just want to move at my own pace and enjoy my next 27 days of Christmas without any unwarranted guilt, stress or pressure.”
Until then, click here to see pictures from our Turkey Day 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment