I hate delays. I like everything to be on time. I do not want to be slowed down. If I am on a schedule, then don’t mess with it. Most frustrating are the airlines, casual acquaintances who stop me in the grocery store and my family when I am trying to fold laundry.
However, if there is a planned and fully communicated delay, well, then that’s a different story. And that is what I was able to enjoy on Monday thanks to an LECC TLC day (aka. when teachers have to take a continuing education class and the district purposefully starts school 90 minutes late). It’s like we were given an excuse not to rush – not to eat breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed and head to the bus stop in hyper drive. Instead, we were given the opportunity to fix scrambled eggs, play, talk, write and even catch up on work email at a normal (or even slow) pace.
I am sure the fact that I did not have any early meetings or pressing deadlines aided in my zen-like morning. And I don’t think I want to set my alarm for 4:30 am every day just to capture these new found tranquil hours. So I will just take this fabulous gift of time whenever I can, which unfortunately according to the school calendar is not until March 16, 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment