Time to Move Out
The other night I was trying to give Alex some friendly advice. I suggested that if he learned how to clean and pick up after himself now, then his future wife will be very happy with him (and it’s something my future daughter-in-law will love me for). Two minutes later I found him quietly crying, and when questioned, he shared that he never wants to grow up, leave the house, drive, get married or have children – that he always wants to live at home with me (and that’s something my future daughter-in-law will despise me for). And then as if on cue, Avery jumped into our conversation to declare that she intends to move out at the age of 8 and have 100 babies. She probably already has her bags packed and circling potential apartments in the for rent ads.
And yep, that’s sums up the differences between my two kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment