Thank you Delta for cancelling my direct flight to Phoenix and then rescheduling me on a flight with a layover in Chicago, followed by another layover in Minneapolis. I love 13 hour travel days, and I am sure we would have avoided the winter storm going that route – especially given the south (including Loveland and CVG) was not even touched with ice this morning.
And I am really super glad that you called me at 9:30 pm last night to advise me of this change in my itinerary. Sure, I appreciate the advanced notice, but did you have to wait until I went through the always enjoyable bed time routine that involves tears and guilt as I explain to my kids that I will not be there in the morning when they wake up (or the morning after or the morning after that)?
At that point, I am already exhausted by the 48 hours of activity to prep my household (family and belongings) to survive without me. Sorry, I just can’t fly across the country knowing we have a burned out porch light or without having any clue as to what my kids may be wearing to school. But some of my efforts are warranted (and do not border on insanity), like arranging additional day care, doing laundry, filling out bus-change forms, bathing the kids, reminding Andy that Alex’s library books must go back on Thursday, picking up dry cleaning, packing my own suitcase, etc. Big or small, they all take time.
In the end, I have passed on Delta’s generous offer to tour the northern half of the United States, and have pushed my trip to a few weeks out (the only time they can get me a reasonable flight at a reasonable cost ... will be waiting on my complimentary drink for my troubles). Hopefully spring weather will be here by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment