Case in point. I didn’t take one photo between January 1 and February 13, and, after looking at our family photo albums (online or hardbound), that was definitely not the case in years past. When they were newborns, I captured each week. When they were toddlers, each month. Back then, taking photos on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Arbor Day were musts. But this winter, I only have mental snapshots (Ok, and a few on my Droid) and I seem to be completely satisfied with that.
However, add this to my already growing debate of “am I neglecting them or are they ignoring from me?” and I did feel the need to try and make the effort, which meant posing them in our favorite picture chair for an impromptu photo shoot last week. It felt forced. They were annoyed. I felt out of practice. I was lucky enough to get a few good smiles, but only after promising them their favorite chocolate chip cookies. Glad some things (like bribery) never change, and I think that also qualified as aiding in their food intake for the day – maybe I am still a good mom? And maybe I am still needed?

No comments:
Post a Comment