I have not been to the Sunshine State since 1997, yet I just booked two trips there in the last 48 hours. Guess that is what two months straight of record-breaking snow and cold will do to you … it makes you crave airbrushed t-shirts, ocean views, sandy feet and tropical drinks at a tiki bar. Throw in Aaron and Brett’s beach wedding and a house full of cousins on the Gulf, and I think we have two vacations (Key West and Seaside) that will not get here soon enough.Point of Interest: My last trip to Florida 14 year ago was for Spring Break my senior year in college (one week after meeting Andy) and I stayed at the Sourthernmost Resort in Key West. The Southernmost will be providing my lodging again, except this time I can some-what afford the ocean front room on their southern most property (as in southern most point in the continental U.S.A.) and will not be forced to squeeze six girls into their economy-friendly, land-locked hotel. Times have obviously changed, and this little story only further showcases the fact I married a mountain or lake type of guy. Another decade plus will probably go by until I can temp (or arm twist) Andy into flying south to the land where tourism, beaches and oranges abound, so I will definitely enjoy every sun-shining, tropical shirt-wearing minute while there.
No comments:
Post a Comment