Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am Still a Flintstone Kid

But you don’t have to be.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a horrible eater. I hate fruits, I reluctantly tolerate veggies and I will take grilled cheese over prime rib any day of the week. This is a rare photo of me with "greens" on my plate. I apologize on a regular basis to my mom for being such a challenge (Ok, huge pain in the ass) when it came to grocery shopping and dinner menus while I was growing up. And I would not blame her if she is grinning with satisfaction that Alex is just like me – call it karma, paybacks or what comes around goes around, but I am getting hit in full force.

Luckily, Avery eats about anything. She had her dad’s pallet (i.e. Sushi love), so I am not too worried about her. But I realize we need to start addressing any bad habits that Alex may be forming now, and I probably need to start thinking about how I can make up for years of possible mal-nourishment. And luckily, I have just the expert in my backyard.

This post is really a quick plug for my friend and neighbor Cherylanne’s blog, Decadently Healthful. She has recently started her own a food coaching and health counseling practice, Nourish, and is sharing her vast wealth of nutritional knowledge to us laymen through regular postings. It’s good stuff – she has a unique philosophy on how to approach food, which leads to great advice and yummy recipes (which I of course pass on to Andy).

Check it out!

2 comments:

Jenni Cox said...

Kind of a creepy happy smile in this picture. What isn't shown?

Sherri said...

My Sam Adams, as it would discount any attempt of eathing a healthy lunch that day. Don't even ask why my friend took a picture of me at the Cheesecake factory with my food.