Thursday, April 22, 2010

Doing My Part for Earth Day 2010!

At Panera this morning, I asked for my mocha in a to go cup despite the fact I was joining friends for my staple breakfast sandwhich and neighborhood gossip in the cafe. Not sure what possessed me to turn down their oversized, washable, re-usable ceramic mug and go with 12 ounces of paper, plastic and corrugated cardboard -- completely defying the spirit of Earth Day. But don’t worry, the environmental gods were watching and ensured that I naively took a big swig almost immediately after the barista handed me my drink causing me to burn my tongue and every inch of my mouth.

Under Alex’s guidance (and his passion for recycling and all things sustainable), I promise to do my part the rest of the day and the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Jenni Cox said...

Did you have a third child and put it in your recyling bin?

Sherri said...

Ok ... that just craked me up! But no, that would not be my response to baby #3. I am holding my friends' daughter. However, I look at this photo if I ever think I can handle more than two. It screams you don't need anything else on your hip ...