Stealing from one of my favorite SNL skits, "Really? With Seth and Amy" (and which they expanded to "Really? With Seth, Amy and Tina" in one of the funniest 90 minutes of SNL a few weeks back with guest host, Betty White), I would like to do a little recap about my thoughts and experiences with the latest kid’s craze, Silly Bandz.And Action: It’s just a colored rubber band shaped like a shoe (or dog or house) that goes on your wrist? Really? Boys like them, too? Really? They created lines and waiting lists, and would sell out in seconds? Really? Kroger is now in the game? Really? Kids can follow them on twitter? Really? I thought I could use them as instant gratification to pacify a restless three year old on a mid morning trip to the grocery? Really? I thought a hyper three year old could make it out of the store with out dropping her package and loosing half of its contest (approx. 10 Silly Bandz)? Really? In general, I didn’t think that Silly Bandz could lead to whining, crying, sibling rivalry and mid-day parental drinking? Really?
Guess I should be preparing myself for more senseless trends that end up causing more frustration than satisfaction for everyone involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment