Thursday, December 03, 2009

Seeing Double

It's been 940 days since I have been a parent of two children and it has taken me this long to buy matching (as in identical, not just coordinating) outfits. Each year I make a holiday sleepwear purchase – as if Santa might not leave my kids presents if they go to bed on Christmas Eve in the same pink and blue pajamas worn during the past few months – and this year I broke down and bought the same winter wonderland print PJs in size 3T and 5T from Carters.

Although I have been making sure the kid's outfits compliment each other since I brought Avery home from the hospital (if Alex is wearing jeans, then Avery is wearing Jeans, if Alex is wearing Ralph Lauren, then Avery is wearing Ralph Lauren; or if Alex is wearing brown, then Avery is wearing brown), but this is the first time I have gone so far as to have them in the exact same clothes, similar to what is seen in a Doublemint Gum commercial.

I had a feeling this was my only chance for matching outfits, given their ages and the gender neutral appeal of Christmas colors, and I imagine I will never capture a blurry mess of red, snowflakes and polar bears in the same photo again.

No comments: