Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Pay Off

On the flips side – as I have been told I am sometimes too negative and too hard on myself – I did take the kids to see Santa Clause on Sunday, which meant 4 total hours at the Kenwood Towne Center that can further be dissected to involve 4 quarters tossed in the mall water fountain, 4 fits throw in a row when I said I was out of quarters, 4 indecisions about which bear to stuff and wash at Build a Bear, 4 bags of fruit snacks, 4 trips to the car to unload presents that we just kept buying to kill time, 4 stores that Avery wanted to hide in (but she only made it through the employees-only door at Kay Jewelers), 4 phone calls from Andy asking how much longer and 4 minutes on the big guy's lap.

Surprisingly that awkward moment when my kids are excited, surprised, shy, happy and scared to see Santa, seems to make it all worth it. The photo never does it justice.

No comments: