Tuesday, June 07, 2011

What Should Be

Quick follow up. Yesterday was the first official day of summer in my book. Kids slept in. Kids went to the same place at same time. Kids did not whine about school. I did not have to read a newsletter on Sunday night. Instead, I was able to read more of Bossypants on my deck with a glass of wine. I could already feel the stress leaving my body. Add the fact that Cold Play just released a new single (heard it on the radio this morning) and that my kids still let me dress them alike, it should be a great summer.

Should be. The key word is “should.” Because on day two, the babysitter has called in sick. Already scrambling. Already feeling the stress again. I guess I should change my prediction to ... it should be an interesting summer.

No comments: