Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Leotards and Parachutes

One day they will learn that not every activity in life ends with a song and a parachute.

Until then, I will just be happy they are not getting trophies for U6 baseball or weekly Tumble Bees. However, I will finally break down and buy Avery a leotard for fall gymnastics. I was hesitant in this purchase as I wanted to first make sure she liked falling of the balance beam into a giant pit of foam (why wouldn't she?) and didn’t want to have any unused pink spandex and lace around the house.


But hands down this has become her new favorite activity. She likes it better than soccer AND better than twirling around in the toy room in her Tangled dress and Cinderella crown singing “Be our Guest” and “A Whole New World.” It’s a Disney inspired mash-up for all you Gleeks out there, and another trademark behavior of my girly girl who may already be the exact same size that Mary Lou Retten was when she first appeared on a Wheatie’s box. We’ll keep an eye on how the floor routine is progressing before I change my mental image of Avery holding a gold medal while wearing a red, white and blue soccer jersey to holding a silver medal (just being more realistic) while wearing a stars and stripped leotard.

No comments: