Thursday, May 13, 2010

One More Bed to Make

Anyone who knows me knows I have a few quirks. Most of them related to routines and cleaning, and I may be most obsessive about making all the beds in the house before I leave in the morning. I can’t stand the idea of coming home to that “mess” or not coming home at all for some unforeseen reason and having family and friends discover my beds unmade. And although it has caused numerous moments of frustration as I am frantically trying to get the kids dressed, brush my, teeth and tuck in the corners of my sheets, I push through it every day for my own sanity. And now, with Avery turning 3 (today!), yet being the size of a 4 year old, we made the final conversion of her crib from a toddler bed to a big girl bed, which means I have one more full size comforter and four pillows to deal with (plus the obstacle of the Safety 1st bed rail.)

This also triggered an impromptu update to the nursery – I guess I should no longer call it that – finally giving me a good excuse to remove all things baby, like the changing pad (she is 95% potty trained and we hadn’t changed a diaper on it since she was six months old), the rocker (a bad habit that I am going to miss) and the small library of baby-how-to books (we are way past “What to Expect the First Year”).

However, I am not going to complain as it warranted a mini-shopping trip at Pottery Barn Kids and I love all that comes with watching the kids grow up. Happy Birthday Avery!





















No comments: