So along with talking baseball and playing Brick Breaker, we can now add catching catfish at the Muse Family Farm to Alex and Andy’s growing list of father-son bonding activities. I always knew this day would come – when hanging out with dad is cooler than hanging out with me – and I am sure increased mother-son separation will keep us out of therapy in the long run. So I am not going to complain and will not let myself be jealous (Alex will still come to me when he needs a glass of milk, a ride to the pediatrician and a good hug after a bad dream). I’ll let Andy have this, but now I just need to convince him that taking at least 10 photos and jotting down a few notes – like Alex reeled in three fish, with one measuring over 24 inches long – is helpful in documenting any inaugural outing and will keep me in the loop … even from the outside looking in.
Monday, May 24, 2010
The Big Catch
So along with talking baseball and playing Brick Breaker, we can now add catching catfish at the Muse Family Farm to Alex and Andy’s growing list of father-son bonding activities. I always knew this day would come – when hanging out with dad is cooler than hanging out with me – and I am sure increased mother-son separation will keep us out of therapy in the long run. So I am not going to complain and will not let myself be jealous (Alex will still come to me when he needs a glass of milk, a ride to the pediatrician and a good hug after a bad dream). I’ll let Andy have this, but now I just need to convince him that taking at least 10 photos and jotting down a few notes – like Alex reeled in three fish, with one measuring over 24 inches long – is helpful in documenting any inaugural outing and will keep me in the loop … even from the outside looking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment