First question: Who made the roads and who made them connect to each town? It seemed simple enough, but I babbled off course and found myself leading a more complex, yet disjointed, conversation about how cities, townships, counties and states cohesively work together. And I had to say something about President Eisenhower and the freeway system, but it just felt more like name dropping.
Second question: How many months are there? After seeking further clarity to the scope of this question, I learned he meant not in a year. Not in 10 years. But in total. He wanted to know how many months lead to this moment in time and thereafter. My one word response with no further explanation – because I didn’t have one – was “infinity.” That answer only caused a blank look, which turned into verbal and physical frustration.
I know for a fact I am not properly educated to answer either of these questions and probably a thousand more he will throw at me, and thereby will be leaving a huge void in my son’s quest for knowledge. We all know the strengths in our family, so I guess we need to put these inquires on hold until we see Uncle Jordan and Aunt Laura next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment