Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kathy's Homecoming 2009


Sure Kathy has been in town for over seven weeks, and we have been shopping, lunching, girls nighting and playdating, but the official celebration came when we hosted a late fall cook-out two weekends ago with Keryn, Jimmy, Wayne, Jason and Keith – and their spouses and little ones.
Yes, Wayne surprised us by jumping off his fishing boat and finding a last minute flight out of Alaska, and Keith rounded up the whole family to travel down from Maine. So we had representation from both coasts and it was the first time in over ten years we have all gotten together in one location, for at least one night. Miracle worker? Maybe not. Just the promise of good Midwestern food and fun (Miller Lite, football, hot wings and a late night fire pit). I think we delivered, and I don’t think anyone wants to wait another decade to be re-united again.

And yes, I am two weeks behind on everything because of a work trip to PHX and an H1N1-like virus that first forced me to sleep for 16 hours in my dark and cozy Hilton hotel room, and is unfortunately still lingering. I have actually been in bed every night by 9:00 pm ... maybe not because of the virus, but due to my nightly Nyquil and Robituson cocktail.

Click here for more pictures from Kathy’s Homecoming!

No comments: