So I am not sure which is more exciting: putting new carpet in the family room or moving the old carpet down to the basement so we can finally set up an ad-hoc, big-kid play room. I am sure I will still keep a few dolls, cars and books upstairs in our dining room for easy access and just to fill that space with something since Andy is still adamant that dining room tables are for pretentious or old people – and I guess he wants to be neither. But I am not going to dwell on that household conundrum and will celebrate my minor victory of no longer having to get on my hands and knees on a weekly basis to spot shot out all the stains, spills and miscellaneous brown marks that seem to emerge from the old, worn and tired fiber strands we have today. And don’t worry, I specifically choose an oh-so forgiving, multi-colored carpet with enough brown flecks to disguise the wear and tear of two kids, one dog and one husband.
On a side note, the carpet is green! Not in color, but in design as I choose Mohawk’s innovative, sustainable flooring made from renewable resources (including corn – the kids get a kick out of that). I am feeling good all around this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment