Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stuffing Stockings on a Budget

I am going to miss the days when a box of Dora band-aids no longer qualifies as a stocking stuffer. At the same time, I do feel a bit guilty that I was able to fill their green and red Pottery Barn stockings for just $24 and on one trip to Kroger’s. Sure, it will look like St. Nick has raided our medicine cabinet or personal care travel kits, but I guess that is the upside to the fact my kids are still too young to get the commercialism of Christmas and expect a $49.99 Wii game and the fact that a Lightening McQueen Toothbrush is just as exciting as a Lighting McQueen with four wheels.

So we stocked up on all the possible practical household items that have gained a new identity with a cartoon character make-over: Winnie the Pooh bubble bath, Thomas the Train toothpaste, Little Einstein silverware, Disney Princesses drinking cups and the items already mentioned above. We thank the merchandizing gods for our new found economical Christmas gifts that the kids really will use every day throughout the New Year.

No comments: