Friday, October 17, 2008

We’ve come along way baby …

October means our annual weekend in Hocking Hills, and this year our simple friends and family camping trip stepped it up a notch. We added an extra night and upgraded to a million dollar lodge. Forget the old days of cramming 8 people in a 4 person A-frame cabin (that was obviously pre-kids and when hours of beer pong altered our judgment), because we were just spoiled and we can’t ever look back.

The owners of the Mesa Vista Lodge, which we declared our new HH residence through 2028, were amazing and offered more hospitality than any other vacation home I have ever rented. And if I could rack up points with them and enjoy cocktails on a private floor next to my platinum level suite, then I would say they topped our good friends at the Marriott. But until then, we will still take advantage of all their on-site amenities and extras, such as seven bedrooms, four baths, gourmet kitchen, 2000 sq foot wrap around porch (Ok, I am estimating on that but it was huge!), the “stone hedge” firepot, ping pong, corn hole, foosball, karaoke, 100 acres of hiking trails and their on-site “haunted forest” complete with spider webs, ghosts and strobe lights. What else do you need when you are camping?


Well, for starters, I guess we now need to drop that word (camping) when describing this trip or else Alex will be greatly disappointed the first time we throw a tent on our back and pitch it two miles from a parking lot with no DVR, gourmet scrambled eggs or fresh linens.

Click here for more photos from Hocking Hills 2008.

No comments: