Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pimpin’ my Kids for Politics

I know … I have become what I have despised the most. And Andy is just plain embarrassed that I actually bought them. But after hearing him rant for four hours one night about how the “un-informed” voter’s vote counts the same as his, then I thought we need to walk the talk and do something about it. So my simple solution was to search through over 1,500 kids Barack Obama t-shirts on Cafépress, and dress them up as political billboards over the next five weeks.

If someone is not going to read Obama’s five-point policy paper on providing affordable, accessible health care for all Americans, then maybe they can at least look at my kids and think – that’s cute, I will vote for him. So please forgive me in advance for stooping so low and putting my kid’s likeability on the line to make a difference in this swing state. But believe me, it is safe to say that others have cast their ballot in the past using even more disturbing logic.

So does this mean after
“yes we can” chants and Obama Girl clothing, Alex and Avery are now destined to vote party lines out of genetics, cultural up-bringing or just plain habit? Hopefully not, as we are sincere in calling ourselves Independents with a few (ok several) liberal biases on social issues. And our intent is to stick with our two-point parenting plan that will encourage them to explore their own interests and develop their own beliefs over time ... but for now, can’t they just help mommy out in ’08?

1 comment:

Jenni Cox said...

Is that why you are still walking the kids every night? Parading them in their Obama t-shirts? How about some bumper stickers on the wagon and a few signs in their hands?