No matter the lodging, really the best part of Hocking Hills is always the time we get to spend with our friends.I have to admit, this was the first time in four years I wasn’t pregnant or nursing, so it was WAY more enjoyable for me. But overall, as the kids are getting older and more independent, we are finally able to relax with a drink by the late night fire. I am not saying we are totally there yet – as many times I still had to stop mid-sentence to pull my kids away from hot coals, off the porch railing or out of a cactus (don’t even ask!), but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I think maybe next year I will be able to sit down (in a chair) for at least five minutes and finish a conversation with someone in my age bracket.
No comments:
Post a Comment