Friday, July 08, 2011

I Can Make a Difference - Bike MS

The last time I counted down weeks was when I was pregnant. I am doing it again, but this time for a good cause and a challenging event (yep, very similar to labor). But I have signed up for the MS 150. For most people, including me, fundraising and child birth and riding 150 miles are considered equally as painful. And I know that might not make too much sense given I love my children and I love to bike and I spent the early part of my career pushing for pennies and begging for corporate sponsorships in the non-profit world. But I was a bad Brownie at the age of seven because I could not sell Girl Scout Cookies and I think that set the tone for me going forward.

So I consider the MS 150 an adventure. A test to see if I can still train for something and succeed. And a chance to make a difference for those who are living day to day with a very complex disease.

I got my “8 weeks to go” reminder email today, which reminded me I need to find more time to get on my bike and stop dragging my feet when it comes to the commitment I made to raise money for this important organization – the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

You can find out more information on my fundraising site.

No comments: