March 17 means many things to our family. Green beers at Brazenhead. St. Patty’s Day t-shirts from Old Navy. Basketball Brackets from Sally White. Anniversary-like dinners for Andy and I. Yes, the sentimental part is that Andy and I met on the night of March 16, which turned into the morning of March 17 (I know, that sounds bad, but it’s not what you think – get your mind out of the gutter and I can share the story about how my friend threw up all night in the bathroom of his friends’ apartment at another time).
But today I am on a plane, with only a Heineken (at least it is in a green can) heading back from Phoenix. I can only assume (and hope) that Andy dressed the kids in their shamrock inspired clothing laid out since Sunday night. I can only assume (and hope) the rest of my family is listening (and dancing) to an Irish band. I was fortunate to have a traditional, homemade Irish dinner last night, compliments of my friend Toni who had a soft spot for me when she learned I would be traveling on such a sacred day. Cheers and a shout out to Toni!
But in one hour I will land (so yes, this is my first post from a plane, as well) and I will see if St. Patty’s day went on without me. I hope it did, but at the same time I hope it didn’t.
No comments:
Post a Comment