I don’t watch the show. But I run. I bike. I live in Loveland. And I don’t mind a new challenge. And despite the event warnings that boldly state “you will get muddy” and “you must know how to swim,” I still agreed to be a substitute participant for TEAM CINDAY in the 2010 Loveland’s Amazing Race since Monica was still injured. We came in 121 out of 500 teams. Not bad, and to my surprise, I really (I mean really) liked the race and have been begging Andy since Saturday night to do it with me next year (note the 2011 registration is already live). Overall, the event involved three methods of transportation (bike, foot and river raft) and twenty quirky challenges that tested our brains, brawn and tolerance for water and mud. Click here to see the 2010 course, but the highlights for me included:
- Dancing on the Loveland Stage Company's main stage, complete with top hats, high kicks and no rhythm
- Watching Ana master the Rubik's Cube at Cindy’s in less than two minutes
- Hitting my target with a Chinese throwing star
- Keeping up with Don Stock for the first seven challenges
- Losing my sun glasses, dignity and only three ounces of Dawn dish soap after spilling down the muddy slip-n-slide
- Lasting 15 seconds on a mechanical bull
- Riding about 5 miles and running less than 2
- Drinking a tall, cold and free Sam Adams Summer Brew at the finish line
No comments:
Post a Comment