Once again, blame it on a bad memory (I was pregnant when Alex made the transition) and an approaching deadline (we are less than three weeks away from vacation and Avery refuses to sleep in a pack-n-play), but we might have just too eagerly disassembled the crib to turn it into a toddler bed. At first, Avery was very excited to hit the big girl milestone, as she climbed into it on her own and pulled up the covers before our bedtime story was even over. But once the lights went out (and the novelty wore off), the ease of getting her into bed was trumped by an instinctual drive to run wild when finally free of confinement -- which means playing with toys, visiting brother’s room, hiding in closets and sneaking downstairs.
On top of that, in our rush to expedite the transition, we didn’t have all the parts. Underestimating how much a two year twists and turns, flips and flops, I actually thought she would at least stay in bed once asleep. However, in hindsight, we should have invested in the bed rail before taking down the crib, as she spent the first part of the night on the floor and I spent the rest awake … picking her up, calming her down, getting her juice and lying 12 inches below her ready to break the fall. It was a bumpy night for all, and I just willingly paid extra for the overnight shipping.
On top of that, in our rush to expedite the transition, we didn’t have all the parts. Underestimating how much a two year twists and turns, flips and flops, I actually thought she would at least stay in bed once asleep. However, in hindsight, we should have invested in the bed rail before taking down the crib, as she spent the first part of the night on the floor and I spent the rest awake … picking her up, calming her down, getting her juice and lying 12 inches below her ready to break the fall. It was a bumpy night for all, and I just willingly paid extra for the overnight shipping.
No comments:
Post a Comment