It will just be a fact of life that during early to mid-may, birthday fever will be running through our house. With back to back dates of birth, Alex and Avery have challenged us to find the right balance of making them feel special verses spoiled. The festivities kicked off with a Happy Meal lunch at Dani’s to celebrate with all their day care friends. The next day, we were serving up Teddy Grahams at pre-school, and on the day after that, Andy and I finally had some alone time to give them gifts (yes, a sandbox which will be a separate post in itself some day), pizza and cup-cakes.
And sadly, this was just a warm up for the real deal on May 30, as we are attempting the universal party – for both kids, and including family and friends. The guest list just hit 49, and I am not counting anyone under the age of 12 weeks … or we would be at 51. It should be interesting, but I am banking on the fact that having it all confined to one day and one occasion has to had some merit.
And sadly, this was just a warm up for the real deal on May 30, as we are attempting the universal party – for both kids, and including family and friends. The guest list just hit 49, and I am not counting anyone under the age of 12 weeks … or we would be at 51. It should be interesting, but I am banking on the fact that having it all confined to one day and one occasion has to had some merit.
Click here for more pictures from Birthday Week.
No comments:
Post a Comment