Monday, August 06, 2007

Milestone Management

Ten weeks have already passed, and I am not sure where the time has gone and what I have been doing. However, I do know what I have not been doing and that is proactively providing enough emotional, physical and mental stimulation activities for Avery. Unlike with her brother, who I had on a tight daily development schedule that included music, art, bouncy seat calisthenics and reading, I find myself having to stop and make time just for a little mommy and baby eye contact. Surprisingly, and despite my lack of efforts, she hasn’t missed a beat and is logging milestones at the same pace as Alex. But even though we are seeing results now, I don’t want any surprises in the long run (which could lead to lingering parental guilt), so I promise to dust off the baby gym and pull out the Einstein videos for a crash course over the next few weeks.

Click here to see pictures from Avery’s tenth week.

No comments: