Monday, November 06, 2006

Parenting for Two: My Unsolved Mystery

I realize it has been quite some time since any new Alex updates and photo postings. It’s not that he hasn’t been doing anything exciting to write about or camera worthy, but as many of you already know I am facing my biggest motherhood challenge yet. How to be pregnant and a parent at the same time?

Kudos to all moms who have successfully mastered this feat, and please send me any advice on the matter. But it has only been 3 months and Alex has already found himself playing second fiddle to his soon to be baby brother or sister. This is mostly due to the fact that, once again, I have been struck with first trimester morning sickness. Although, given my experience last pregnancy and signs so far for this one, that name is completely misleading as it lasts all day long and extends well beyond the first 12 weeks.

So while I am spending time in bed, on the couch or in the bathroom, Alex has been spending more time in front of the TV, at day care and going through McDonald Drive thrus. I even had to ship him off to the Hecklers so he could tag along on their pumpkin patch outing, as I couldn’t find the time or energy. I guess we are lucky to have these options to fall back on in the immediate, but of course I am already concerned about the long term effects. Alex and I will definitely have some catching up to do soon, and fortunately or unfortunately (pending on how I feel) there are only 6 more months to do it in.

No comments: