Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hello Spring

I really hope this blog will provide more than just a seasonal update or photo. And I know I sound like a broken record when I say things are just too busy at work, at home and everywhere else to put pen to paper (figuratively). But I guess I need to say it at least one more time.

Most recently, we have been consumed by “the foot surgery of 2012.” I am going on day 27 of not being able to exercise or wear shoes or walk like normal person thanks to a minor procedure (with a major recovery) to remove a joint cyst from the top of my left foot. Although I am making some progress in healing, I am still very limited in what I can do – and of course that drives me crazy! Although I wish I could say wrapping up the Hunger Games trilogy counts as being productive, I just can’t knowing that one box of Christmas decorations still sits at the bottom of my basement stairs. One day they will be put away. One day.

So we have been getting by the best we can while I quarterback our lives from my lazy boy. I can hobble the kids to and from school. I can work from my lap top with my foot propped up. And luckily I can still secure pastel Ralph Lauren attire for Easter. Yes, there has been a lot of online shopping, but very little – or none at all – spring cleaning, volunteering, socializing, running, biking, laundering, organizing or successful calendaring. Deep sigh. As I feel even stress just typing it.

Click here to see photos from Spring 2012.

No comments: