Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting to Know and Love the Cactus League

Although I have been traveling to Tempe for work for almost three years now and have been getting used to the heat, vegitation (dirt instead of grass) and culture, I think I finally found the best reason to like Arizona – Reds Spring Training. And I also think I discovered the maximum number of days I enjoy being away from Alex and Avery – six.

We were anxious to get home to the kids, but other than that could have stayed in Scottsdale through end of the Cactus League season.

Along with spending some QT with the Cox family, the trip highlights included: four ballparks (of course the Reds’ new Goodyear stadium), 30 innings (Andy actually agreed to skip out early on a baseball game), countless Fat Tires (with the exception of a few Miller products while watching the Brewers), countless calories (from local Mexican to posh cuisine) and one dance club (Andy actually agreed to go dancing, too!). It is safe to say we will soon be experiencing baseball (and the sunshing and day drinking that comes with it) withdrawal.

Click here for more pictures from Spring Training 2010.

No comments: