Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Waiting for My Opposite Day

My first memories of Mothers’ day are seeing my mom sleep in, have breakfast in bed, sit on the couch, not pick up any toys, shoes or dishes and relax on the deck while my dad grilled out. I am sure she did a few other noteworthy things, but we were also encouraged to run off and play with neighbors while she read a book … leaving her in peace and quiet with her annual bouquet of flowers.

It seemed more like opposite day – not Mothers’ day – but now I get it, and now I can’t wait for it. However, I’ll be patient. I realize it is way too hard to tell a two and four year old that I am off duty for the day, and somehow I still don't mind it as long as Alex's keeps pointing out the "beautiful" flowers that he bought me and Avery keeps dancing to the Charlie Brown theme song that Hallmark now packages up so nicely in their cards.

Click here for more pictures from Mothers' Day weekend.

No comments: