Monday, February 02, 2009

Happily Turning 35

I tried to avoid it … not because of the age itself, but because that is what I thought you were supposed to do at this age. But oddly enough (and especially given my history of melting down at 25 at Montgomery Inn and partying it up at 30 at Keystone Resort because of my own insecurities of not accomplishing certain things in my life by those specific milestone), I didn’t mind the new number and I didn’t mind a little celebration and I don’t mind where I am in life.

As his gift to me, Andy did plan an incognito dinner party, but thanks to Facebook and a few friends with good memories, our guests soon realized the gathering was for something more than just showing off his culinary skills. And even though I denied it, I guess it was for my birthday … in the sense that all I really wanted was to be surrounded by good food, good friends, good wine and lots of laughter on the big day. I think we did accomplish that.


Click here for more pictures.

No comments: