Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Water Adventures

Here are two things I thought my kids would not do this summer:

  1. Go to the Kings Island Water Park. Not because of their age, but because of a million other obvious reasons. For example, I prefer my kids to swim in water that does not smell like the boats (or patrons) from White Water Canyon. Last year I took comfort in the fact that the “typical” Kings Island crowd was becoming extinct, but I was wrong. They all just migrated to the water slides and wave pool at Boomerang Bay.

  1. Go Boating (and even Tubing). Not because a day at Ceasers Creek isn’t enjoyable for most people, but because of my own water-induced anxieties. Once again, I am glad to see my neurotic behavior is not hereditary and that Alex has an adventurous spirit, a surprisingly natural affiliation to the water and the ability NOT to be distressed by the color, smell, texture, density and depth of the lake.

Click here to see more pictures of Alex on Aunt Jen’s boat. And sorry … the camera didn’t even make it out of the pool bag at the water park. So there is no evidence (except my scarred memory) that we were there.

No comments: