So for the most part I try not to use this blog just to brag about my kids (unless you consider remarks about them being the heaviest in their age group a form of boasting), but I have to be a proud parent today and share Alex’s newest skill – spelling.
However, what makes this oh so special is not that fact he is just shy of three, but that spelling is his mother’s Achilles heal. I realize boy geniuses are a dime a doze in the Muse family, but 50 percent of his genetics come from me. And for those that know me well, know that the only “D” I ever received in all my school years was in fifth grade spelling. And for those who work with me on a daily basis, know that the only reason I have stayed employed is due to a $50 an hour copyeditor.
But right now Alex is very into the alphabet. He calls out each letter as will flip through books and he loves trying to spell (or type) names on his Click Start computer. He has mastered a few words, including A-L-E-X, D-A-D-D-Y, D-O-G and M-I-A-M-I, so you can see who is really driving this initiative. I haven’t seen any flashcards yet or a hardbound copy of “Spell like a Champ,” but it looks like the Scripts National Spelling Bee could be our family's ticket to being on ESPN.
No comments:
Post a Comment