Friday, January 19, 2007

Baby Girl Muse

Now those are three words that haven’t been used in the same sentence since the late 1800s, but Andy and I finally heard them yesterday. After months of just assuming our newest addition would be another boy based on genetic history, we saw first hand at our ultrasound the first female to be born into the Muse bloodline in over 100 years.

Along with surprise, we felt a little bewildered. Although we never had any preferences toward the sex, I would be the first to admit I have no clue what to do with a little girl (and neither does Andy). Pink dresses. Hair Ribbons. Polly Pockets. These are all foreign concepts to me, so I guess I need to do a little bit of research on everything baby girl.

But overall, we are very excited and we welcome the challenge. Plus, my first shopping spree at oldnavy.com proved you can find plenty of cute, baby girl outfits that are NOT pink. What a relief!!


Now how soon do you think we can have our first girls vs. boys family soccer match?

No comments: